While chatting, I mentioned that I LOVED the Apple Gillette that we previously had for dessert. Not 15 minutes later, Timothy surprised us with the dish and several forks and spoons. The picture below is from our Chez Philippe dinner; it may be a little dark and off-colored, because I didn’t want to use a flash.
The first time we had it, we did not try the first bite correctly. In order to make it last as long as possible, we had all taken a tiny nibble of a corner. It was basically a bite of pastry dough.
This dessert is meant to be eaten in complete bites, incorporating each part of the dish – the flaky pastry layers, the gooey apple, the caramel syrup, and the ice cream on top. A complete bite yields multiple flavors and textures, incorporating the sweetness of the ice cream and tartness of the apple, along with the slight crunch of the pastry and the smoothness of the syrup.
We were not disappointed! I think it was gone in about 5.5 minutes. It was so good in fact, that I think Sissy even licked the plate clean (even though she will say I helped her with that, it is NOT true)!
This dessert is meant to be eaten in complete bites, incorporating each part of the dish – the flaky pastry layers, the gooey apple, the caramel syrup, and the ice cream on top. A complete bite yields multiple flavors and textures, incorporating the sweetness of the ice cream and tartness of the apple, along with the slight crunch of the pastry and the smoothness of the syrup.
We were not disappointed! I think it was gone in about 5.5 minutes. It was so good in fact, that I think Sissy even licked the plate clean (even though she will say I helped her with that, it is NOT true)!
Dinner tonight at Capriccio Grill, the other restaurant in the Peabody, to celebrate more trivia wins. Look for a review to come soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment