Last night, I went to the grand opening of the Silly Goose, the new bar at the corner of Peabody and Main (in Swig’s old spot). It looks like it will be a pretty cool bar to hang out in, with a total variety of clientele and fun people. An impressive spread of liquors adorns the back wall of the bar, and cozy couches are situated in the back. There is a large bookcase with lots of options for reading, plus two computers with internet access…. Just in case you need to check the Facebook relationship status of the guy (or girl) you have been talking to all night!
For the opening party, they had drink specials and, of course, free food. While the spread was pretty good, it wasn’t really reflective of their menu. I was hoping to get idea of what their food was really like, as I heard the flatbreads and paninis were very good.
For the food… On the cold side of things, they had several cheeses with some salami alongside a veggie tray. In the warmers, they had some standard fare – chicken quesadillas, chicken pizza, mini hot dogs, meatballs, and other random breaded items. The stand-out was the chicken cordon blue – chicken wrapped around ham and cheese, then breaded with some sort of cream included. Yum! For dessert was standard cheesecake – regular, cherry, and chocolate swirl… I am not sure where it was from though. Maybe Costco?
A sampling of the food, if you can see it:
For the opening party, they had drink specials and, of course, free food. While the spread was pretty good, it wasn’t really reflective of their menu. I was hoping to get idea of what their food was really like, as I heard the flatbreads and paninis were very good.
For the food… On the cold side of things, they had several cheeses with some salami alongside a veggie tray. In the warmers, they had some standard fare – chicken quesadillas, chicken pizza, mini hot dogs, meatballs, and other random breaded items. The stand-out was the chicken cordon blue – chicken wrapped around ham and cheese, then breaded with some sort of cream included. Yum! For dessert was standard cheesecake – regular, cherry, and chocolate swirl… I am not sure where it was from though. Maybe Costco?
A sampling of the food, if you can see it:
Sissy came by after awhile for a drink. They were passing out champagne to toast the opening, but ran out of glasses. Here is a picture of us with champagne pint glasses. Cheers!
Overall, I was a little disappointed in the food (only because it was not their menu), and I wish they had had wine specials, too. BUT, nice beer specials, champagne and an overall GREAT way to kick off a new bar! I look forward to going back there soon.



No comments:
Post a Comment