Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day Cookies and Silly Goose

In honor of Inauguration Day, I decided to make cookies for trivia last night. Since I was short on time, I took the easy way out and used Break-and-Bake. Quite honestly, these are just as good (and in some cases, better) than regular cookies made from scratch. Of course I had no icing or frosting at home, so I attempted to make O's on the cookies (for Obama, of course!) out of chocolate chips. They turned out.... okay looking... But they were still delicious!

After trivia, we decided to check out the new Silly Goose bar at the corner of Peabody and Main. It was the first night it was open, so I expected a chill, fairly empty place. However, it was packed. The word had obviously gotten out. They have done a few renovations to the old Swig, including removing a constricting wall. It was originally billed as a "neighborhood bar," but the crowd and atmosphere was definitely more hip than I expected.

The bar was fully stocked with liquor, along with a few draught beer and wine options. I did not get to try any food, but I did glance at the menu and see a few others' plates. It leans towards a cafe-type menu - with flatbreads, paninis, salads, and soups. From what I saw, the food looks really good and nice-sized portions for reasonable prices. I will try to eat there soon for a review. Jury is still out on the place in general, since it was a random Tuesday night, but I will at least go again to get a better idea of what it will be like.

Review on Capriccio still to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment